I don't want to embarrass the kids or get them in trouble (any more than I already have).
I don't want to divulge any station secrets or affect my reputation as a news person.
Yet I want to be authentic, relatable. Right?
Isn't that what a blog should be?
I keep sitting down to type and end up erasing every thought...out of fear. It's no fun living this way.
So I've decided to type a few of the random thoughts and feelings I've had these last few weeks. And then I want to hear YOURS. Deal?
Tracy's Random Thoughts
1. I feel gross. This winter has just about destroyed my energy, desire, and ability to stay active. I have spent entirely too many mornings curled up on the couch in my leopard PJ's, reading and watching "Love It or List It" before work. I finally got to the gym today, and I'm determined to get back to my old self and out in the sunshine (once it decides to visit Nashville).
|Not a fan of dreary, cold days|
2. My kids' happiness or lack thereof affects me so deeply, that I think something is wrong with me. I mean seriously...what's the deal...they are all doing well. But when they have any kind of struggle or emotional difficulty, I want to run and fix it. And this past year has brought difficulty I've/we've never encountered before. It sucks.
|Good times cuddling on the last Kornet road trip|
3. I am still having trouble feeling consistently happy. I'm on a stinkin' emotional rollercoaster most of the time. I still find myself missing the life I lead pre-move: the laughter, love, and the music. Yes, I now live in Music City, and I still miss the music.
4. I need some new nude heels for 2015. I'm excited to see what Antonio Melani or Gianni Bini has in store for us this year.
5. Joyce Meyer's "Confident Woman" and Angela Thomas' "Stronger" are awesome daily devotionals.
|Great study. Thank you, Kimberly, for the suggestion!|
6. I can't wait to read Amy Poehler's book, but I have yet to allow myself to splurge on it.
7. My eyesight is fading so quickly, I may have to upgrade from the 1.25 readers to the 1.50 soon. Don't be a hater, folks. It's still a royal pain in the butt. And I now understand why my grade school friends' moms never spotted those nasty chin or upper lip hairs when they drove us in carpool. They couldn't see them.
8. I love my little cubicle. Pictures of my friends and family make me very happy.
9. Water, coffee, and red wine are just about the only liquids I drink. Which means Crest White Strips have become a necessary chaser!
10. I'm extremely grateful for Dillard's. The Nashville store at Green Hills Mall sponsors my wardrobe. I have loved their clothing lines for years, and I'm honored to wear something shiny and new almost every single day. I don't want to ever take this luxury for granted.
I am even more grateful for that help when I don't feel fat!
Okay, folks. It's your turn!